It is with great sadness that we share with you the passing of Bill Moore.
Bill was our Parish Priest here at St Anthonys from 1988 to 2006 before he left Priesthood to embark on a new life. He died on Thursday 22nd June at Nepean Hospital surrounded by his family. Let’s remember Bill and his family in our prayers.
Bill's funeral took place on 4th July at 11.00am at the Uniting Church in Penrith.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, let perpetual light shine upon him and may his soul rest in your peace
We are very excited and pleased to advise that a very special member of our Faith Community, St Anthony of Padua Toongabbie, has been recognised and honoured in the 2022 Australia Day awards.
Mrs Nola Buck MEDAL (OAM) OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA IN THE GENERAL DIVISION
WELL DONE and well deserved NOLA
For service to people with disability, and to the community.
- Board Director, 2002-2019.
- Life Member.
- Board Member, since 2011.
- President, 1992-1997.
- Public Officer, 2016-2020.
- Volunteer, 2004-2020.
- Host, International Conference, 1996.
- Co-Editor, Network News, since 2012.
- Life Member, 2005.
Chisholm Cottage (now managed by Sisters of Charity Outreach, now Open Support)
- Committee Member, 1995-2006.
- Volunteer, 11 years.
Catholic Women's League
- Diocesan President, 1999-2003.
- Diocesan Vice President, 1997-1998.
- Diocesan Treasurer, 1994-1996.
- Branch President, 1991-1993.
- Branch Vice President, 1996-1998, and 2005-2006.
- Former State Delegate, New South Wales.
- Public Officer, Diocese of Parramatta, current.
- Life Member.
- Life Member, People With Disability Australia.
- Former Volunteer, Walking with Refugees group.
We the Church of St Anthony's are called to a greater realisaton of the Kingdom of God and to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ.
The Lord called Abraham to go forth to a new land and begin a new nation. There's no telling what we can become by responding to the Lord's invitation to us.